Re: Announcement: The "info" URI Scheme

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:45:02 +0100
To: "Hammond, Tony (ELSLON)" <T.Hammond@elsevier.com>
Cc: "'Patrick Stickler'" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, uri@w3.org

While having some sympathy with Patrick here, I note that a new scheme that
is URIs not URLs neatly sidesteps the car/document problems.

An info URI identifies a concept not a document about that concept.
A similar http URL would be taken as identifying either or both depending
on who you talk to.

Jeremy