RE: Why Rdf?

Hi Federico,

if you use an XML format then you get the benefit of working with data
interchange instead of changing program code every time you want to deal with
something new. But whenever you want to change the things you do, or extend
them, you still need to re-write the schema, and then work out whether you
need to change all of your existing data for compatibility.

There are other people working on security (as XML there are a number of
basic security pieces already in place), and although I don't have a handy
list of users I did see recently presentations by Adobe (it's in nearly all
their products now), Sun (who use it internally), IBM, the New Zealand
national library, about why they use it.

I use it because it lets me have flexibility in what I do, and connect things
when I am ready, easily, at the same time giving me easy compatibility
between my private work and things that are used in the wide marketplace.

Cheers

Chaals