Re: Are MGET descriptions workable/necessary?

From: Phil Dawes <pdawes@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:29:43 +0000
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Stickler writes:

 > [...]
 >
 > I'm sorry, but I don't see any difference. Cool URIs don't change,
 > period,
 > whether one uses them to interact with representations or descriptions.
 >
 > If a resource "moves", it gets a new URI, and the same redirection that
 > occurs for GET requests would have to happen for MGET requests.

Am I mis-understanding what you mean by resource?
(I'm failing to come to the same conclusions as you, which probably
means there's some misunderstanding)

I was taking your use of 'resource' to mean any/every rdf term used in
the semantic web. I.e. subjects, predicates and objects.

If that's the case then I don't think GET requests for arbitrary
representations are like MGET description requests at all, simply
given the orders of magnitude involved.

Many thanks,

Phil