rdfs:class and rdfs:resource

From: Teresa Carcel&eacute;n <tcarcele@di.uc3m.es>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 18:57:05 +0200 (CEST)
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org

Thank at all,
I´m agree that RDF is a great paradox. I´m going crazy with this.
Then rdfs:Resource and rdfs:Class are practicaly the same thing because
both are resources and classes...but I´ve read several examples where
the root oh the hierarchy is rdfs:Resource and their sons are
rdfs:Class and rdf:Property
Is it correct if I assume that rdfs:Resource is the root class
and rdfs:Class and rdf:Property their sons??
In the latest specification of RDF Schema are the follows definitions:

rdfs:Resource
All things described by RDF are called resources, and are instances of
the class rdfs:Resource. This is the class of everything. All other
classes are subclasses of this class. rdfs:Resource is an instance of
rdfs:Class.

rdfs:Class
This is the class of resources that are RDF classes. rdfs:Class is an
instance of rdfs:Class.

Thank very much
Cheers
Teresa Carcelén Fernández