Re: rdfs:class and rdfs:resource

From: Francesco CannistrÓ <fracan@inwind.it>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 18:34:15 +0200
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>, "Teresa Carcel&eacute;n" <tcarcele@di.uc3m.es>, "Www-Rdf-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, "Www-Rdf-Interest-Request" <www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org>

> The simplest way to understand is as follows.
> rdfs:Class is the set of all Class names, which includes rdfs:Resource.
> rdfs:Resource is the top of the Class hierarchy, and every Class
> is a descendent of rdfs:Resource.

I wouldn't want to wake up Bertrand Russel, but I let you note that, on the
one hand, rdfs:Resource is a resource of type rdfs:Class, on the other hand,
rdfs:Class, as everythink within RDF, is a resource itself, i.e., an
instance of the rdfs:Resource ...
... I think there is no way to avoid this paradox

Francesco