RE: [Q] how to reference a rdf schema in an rdf instance file ?

From: Jimmy Cerra <jimbobbs@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:46:35 -0400
To: <hgadm@cswebmail.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Dear Holger,

> how does a computer now what rdfs file belongs to a
> certain rdf file ? (in xml we clearly have something
> like xsi:schema location to point a machine to an xsd
> file that defines a certain xml)

AFAIK, the only way to explicitly state that one RDF graph validates to
a certain RDFS file is to step up to OWL (see previous response, or
[1]).  Some validators try to find schema files at the end of a
namespace's URI; however, that is not safe (as namespace URIs don't have
to resolve to anything).

--
Jimmy Cerra

] "I have learned these days, never to limit
]  anyone else due to my own limited
]  imagination." - Dr. Mae C. Jemison

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/#OntologyHeaders