Re: [Q] how to reference a rdf schema in an rdf instance file ?

Dear Jimmy,

thanks for your reply. It may be a very basic question,
but:

how does a computer now what rdfs file belongs to a
certain rdf file ?
(in xml we clearly have something like xsi:schema
location to point a machine to an xsd file that defines
a certain xml)

Cheers
Holger

On Sat, 31 May 2003 04:01:12 -0400, "Jimmy Cerra" wrote:

> Dear Holger,
>
> > how do I reference a rdf schema that defines a
certain
> > rdf instance file within that instance file ?
>
> Could you explain that again for me?  I'm a little
> confused. :-/
>
> > BTW, does rdf provide for the inclusion of XML
schema
> > Files or do I need DTDs ?
>
> If you step up to OWL [1], then you can use owl:import
> to... well...
> import another ontology [2].  I think that DAML may
> have similar
> abilities (I definitely not sure); however, OWL will
be
> replacing the
> older specification in the near-term [3].  IMHO, of
> course, I would use
> OWL.
>
> --
> Jimmy Cerra
>
> ] "I had to learn very early not to limit
> ]  myself due to others limited imagination."
> ]  - Dr. Mae C. Jemison
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/
>
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/#OntologyHeaders
>
> [3]