Re: (Round 2) Proposed Extensions to OWL

An excellent analysis Jon!  I believe that your conclusion is correct
that another level of indirection (i.e., another nesting level) is
required.

At the moment I have just one comment (I am still working through your
ideas on expressing conversions, as well as Tom's most recent
comments).  Here is the form that your analysis produced:

<River rdf:ID="Yangtze">
    <length>
        <Length>
            <measurement>
                <LengthInMiles>
                    <number>3914</number>
                </LengthInMiles>
            </measurement>
        </Length>
    </length>
</River>

(I made a few small changes.  Let me know if they are not acceptable.)

Here is an alternate form, which is inline with Tom's proposal:

<River rdf:ID="Yangtze">
    <length>
        <Length>
            <measurement>
                <LengthMeasure>
                    <transform rdf:resource="LengthInMiles"/>
                    <number>3914</number>
                </LengthMeasure>
            </measurement>
        </Length>
    </length>
</River>

Which of these two forms is preferred?  Are there advantages of one over
the other?  /Roger