W3C RDF Validator question

From: Marjolein Katsma <wkf1s1l9yfpruqn001@sneakemail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 18:19:01 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi All,

I tried the W3C RDF Validator for the first time today, to check how I'm doing with the beginning of my "catalog" RDF. It nicely caught an incorrect end tag; but once I had that corrected I found it doesn't recognize rdf:parseType="Collection" (it generates a warning for that) - which of course is precisely what I'm using for collections of things in my "catalog". As a result, almost nothing was parsed.

Does anyone have any idea when the validator will be updated to support everything in the revised RDF/XML syntax (8 November 2002) as described in http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar (which is what I'm using)? Or will this need to reach recommendation status before it will be implemented in the validator?

Any other suggestions for checking/validating what I'm writing?
I had expected a little bit more than just XML well-formedness which is all I seem to be getting now.

--
Marjolein Katsma
HomeSite Help - http://hshelp.com/