Re: Can a property not have a uriref?

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:48:37 -0500
To: Chet Murthy <chet@watson.ibm.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

> I found the thread on this subject, but did not find a resolution as
> to whether one should allow blank nodes in the property position, or
> not.  And, of course, if so, how to represent such graphs as RDF/XML.
>
> Did this get decided?

The issues list says that the issue of allowing blank nodes as
properties is "postponed till a future Version of RDF" [1].  The Test
Cases also show the N-Triples syntax [2] does not allow it.  The final
nail is probably "Arcs are labelled with URI references" in [3].  Of
course these are still working drafts, and the sun could rise in the
west tomorrow.  :-)

Can I ask how this issue has been affecting your development work?

   -- sandro

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-bnode-predicates
[2] but http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-testcases/#ntriples
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-concepts-20030117/#section-URI-Vocabulary