  From: Bob MacGregor
  To: seth@robustai.net
  Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
  Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 1:11 PM
  Subject: Arguing against quads
  <snip>

  There are two ways that progress happens in the KR field.  One
  is that nice theoretical models are devised, and then implementers
  figure out efficient implementations for them.  The other is that
  implementers play around with various things, and find out
  experimentally what users find useful, and then later (possibly much
  later), the resulting semantics gets formalized.  Contexts fall into
  this
  latter category.
  <snip>