Re: [RDF] [ANN] W3C RDF Validator update

Thanks, Emmanuel,

I find the new version quite helpful, and it now handles rdf:parseType="Collection" nicely.

I did see some strange output when the parser is encountering syntax errors - not sure if these are actual bugs or just the way the (underlying) program behaves?

For instance, sometimes an error causes nesting in the triples table. Sometimes this doesn't happen, but the content seems to "loop" for a while before the parser stops and reports the error (in the table). Not sure what happens when, and eventually I do get a correct error message, so I can correct my code and try again.

This seems to happen with syntax errors like mis-named end tags or missing end tags (rather, missing / in what is intended to be an end tag). Since I'm not sure these observations actually refer to bugs, I haven't reported them to www-rdf-validator - should I?

I did report one other observation where each Class description in an RDF schema causes an undecipherable warning.

In spite of these things I'm quite happy with the new validator!

--
Marjolein Katsma
HomeSite Help - http://hshelp.com/