RE: Call for a DotGNU/W3C RDF API (was Re:GPL relicense for Euler (was Re: call for alpha testers EulerSharp for dotgnu/pnet))

Hey Rahul,

That is good news. Some of the dotgnu members have been trying to get
Drive compiled on the pnet. There have been some issues with it.

But it occurs to me now, maybe late that we could first abstract Drive
to the interface layer.

If you don't mind, I will try and reduce drive down to the class model.
That can be merged with the work we have started.

Of course we will need your approval for this, as it would be a derived
work. It says that your parser is under the LGPL.

(In fact that applies to dajobes work as well)
The whole issue is coming down do the creating of the following
artifacts :

1. The creation of a set of C# interfaces, with a rich enough syntax
that all the c# implementations can be safely created. This would be
submitted to the w3c as a RFC, and allowed to be licensed under the w3c
contributors license. Because we are planning on making derived works
of the APIS of the various contributors, we will need, IMHO, an
agreement from them on this.

2. The creation of implementations of these interfaces, (Redland,
Drive, and native System.XML).
Some will fulfill all the interfaces, some will be Gpled, others
LGPLed.

It should be possible to write C# applications that use this interface
without any particular interface. It should be possible to mix and
match them.

=====