Re: call for alpha testers EulerSharp for dotgnu/pnet

--- Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com> wrote:
> inside
> > > the
> > >
> > > sounds good!
> > > thoughts about other testcases?
> > yes, I still need to test! I have not tried all the tests, but
> > I will setup a makefile and test driver.
>
> great, I look forward to the results!
> our current Euler.cs runs on
> the 1.1 beta .NET Framework redistributable dor win2k

Yes, the problem are the the following non-standard items :
Push in your code takes a second parameter, this is not standard.
Pop should not be called when the stack is empty, i added in checks.

the Datatype.IsNumeric is not standard, do you have code for that?
Maybe you can send me the dll where it is defined?

The method names push and pop are uppercase and not lower.
I have made other small changes that you can see in the source.

> and runs all the tests in http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/etc

> but for the RDF parsing we use AskJena.cs which
> is an http bridge to Jena which is running on a java VM

that sounds interesting.
We need to see also the good parts of the Jena API,
what parts do you use and like?

> also, I think that compatibility with
> http://www.ecma.ch/publications/standards/ECMA-334.HTM
> http://www.ecma.ch/publications/standards/ECMA-335.HTM
> is what really matters

well,don't take me wrong. But, I don't think that your code is
compatible as is,  please review my changes.

> > > (preferably using proofs)
> >
> > This is what i need to learn more about, to be honest, I dont fully
> > grok the CWM/Euler software, I just know it is what i need.
>
> ;-)

> possible?
> > >
> > > what really matters to me is "W3C SOFTWARE NOTICE AND LICENSE"
> > > --
> > >
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-software-20021231
> > > and therefore I would like to follow that one
> > > in there I read that it
> > > [[
> > > is written so as to preserve the Free Software Foundation's
> > > assessment of GPL compatibility and OSI's certification under
> > > the Open Source Definition.
> > > ]]
> >
> > Great, that means that I dont have to relicense it.
> > Lets leave that along for now, until we have cross that bridge.
> >
> > But the n3 parser for example, that would be good as part of the
> > dotgnu.rdf native implementation. I dont know if we can include w3c
> > licensed code as part of the dotgnu project. Can you give me
> permission
> > to dual license it? Disjunct under the GPL and under the w3c?
> > :)
>
> the n3 parser can't live with the engine
> the n3 parser is a real quick hack and DanC
> had the good idea to put it in a separate file
> but it really needs Euler.cs everywhere

ok. that is fine.
We will cross this bridge later.

Mike