Re: Trust, Context, Justification and Quintuples

From: Patrick Durusau <pdurusau@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 17:25:28 -0500
To: Waggy <waggy@yahoo.com>
Cc: Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Waggy wrote:
> --- Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de> wrote:

> As far as I can tell, no one has published open, formally-defined URIs for
> what I refer to here as country:AD and lang:fra.  I have been waiting for
> many years, but I found only one organization publishing these URIs
> openly, and these fairly old drafts indicate the namespaces and
> identifiers are not final.  There seems to be a great need for what would
> essentially be a master glossary of identified and formally-defined terms
> so we don't have to keep redefining the same things and promising to
> owl:sameAs them later.  Besides, it's so much easier to just download,
> say, a master list of weather:* terms with their definitions, and choose
> those I need to use.

Have you taken a look at the GeoLang TC at OASIS? (On the subject of
published open, formally-defined URIs you may also be interested in the
Published Subjects TC, also at OASIS.)

Look in the documents section for language.xtm and country.xtm.

Steve Pepper has written about the use of PSIs and RDF, see:

Curing the Web's Identity Crisis: Subject Indicators for RDF

Hope you are looking forward to a Happy New Year!

Patrick Durusau
Director of Research and Development
Society of Biblical Literature