Re: Trust, Context, Justification and Quintuples

David,

Waggy wrote:
> --- Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de> wrote:

<snip>

> As far as I can tell, no one has published open, formally-defined URIs for
> what I refer to here as country:AD and lang:fra.  I have been waiting for
> many years, but I found only one organization publishing these URIs
> openly, and these fairly old drafts indicate the namespaces and
> identifiers are not final.  There seems to be a great need for what would
> essentially be a master glossary of identified and formally-defined terms
> so we don't have to keep redefining the same things and promising to
> owl:sameAs them later.  Besides, it's so much easier to just download,
> say, a master list of weather:* terms with their definitions, and choose
> those I need to use.

Have you taken a look at the GeoLang TC at OASIS? (On the subject of
published open, formally-defined URIs you may also be interested in the
Published Subjects TC, also at OASIS.)

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=geolang

Look in the documents section for language.xtm and country.xtm.

Steve Pepper has written about the use of PSIs and RDF, see:

Curing the Web's Identity Crisis: Subject Indicators for RDF
http://www.ontopia.net/topicmaps/materials/identitycrisis.html

Hope you are looking forward to a Happy New Year!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
Director of Research and Development