XML schema containing RDF schema

From: Perrine Roucoux <perrine.roucoux@nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:15:10 -0500
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

I am working on an XML schema for a document that contains both XML and
RDF. The RDF part has to follow an RDF schema.
What I have for the moment is an XML schema that allows to have RDF in
the document, using:
<xsd:any namespace="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"/>
And the RDF part has to be validated separately.
This is not satisfying as the RDF part is mandatory in the document, and
must validate.

I tried to do it using:
<xsd:element ref="rdf:RDF"/>
So that at least I could require the RDF part to be present, but I am
having problem with the import statement:
I need an XML schema describing RDF for the 'schemaLocation' value of
the <import>, and the only one I found was:
http://www.w3.org/2000/07/rdf.xsd which uses XML schema version
http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema. As I am using XML schema version
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema, this did not validate.

Of course, I would like even better to be able to validate the RDF part
with the RDF schema by using a statement in my XML schema, but I didn't
find any way to do that.

Is there a way to address any of those concerns?

Thank you,
--
Perrine Roucoux
Guest Researcher