Re: Possible RDF Validator options change

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:16:02 +0100
To: Ryan Lee <ryanlee@w3.org>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

I would like to be able to cut-and-paste embedded RDF or fragments of RDF
into the validator for checking.  It's a small matter, but I'd like this
option to remain available.

Further to Mark Baker's response (with which I generally7 agree), I'll note
that I include XML-that-is-also RDF as a variation of embedded RDF for this
purpose.

#g
--

At 16:27 28/08/03 -0400, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We are considering removing the option in the RDF Validator [1] labelled:
>"RDF is NOT enclosed in <RDF>...</RDF> tags."  The option was originally
>introduced a couple years ago when the RDF/XML spec said a serialization
>could either be contained in rdf:RDF tags or not.  The spec has changed
>to now claim that serialized RDF/XML "must be contained inside an rdf:RDF
>XML element." [2]
>
>I belive this means the option is no longer relevant.  Does anyone know
>of reasons why we should not remove the option?
>
>1. http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/
>2. http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Syntax-complete-document
>
>Regards,
>--
>Ryan Lee          +1.617.253.5542 (MIT office)
>ryanlee@w3.org    http://www.w3.org/People/ryanlee/

Graham Klyne
GK@NineByNine.org