Possible RDF Validator options change

From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:27:34 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Cc: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, Ralph Swick <swick@w3.org>

Hello,

We are considering removing the option in the RDF Validator [1] labelled:
"RDF is NOT enclosed in <RDF>...</RDF> tags."  The option was originally
introduced a couple years ago when the RDF/XML spec said a serialization
could either be contained in rdf:RDF tags or not.  The spec has changed
to now claim that serialized RDF/XML "must be contained inside an rdf:RDF
XML element." [2]

I belive this means the option is no longer relevant.  Does anyone know
of reasons why we should not remove the option?

1. http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/
2. http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Syntax-complete-document

Regards,
--
Ryan Lee          +1.617.253.5542 (MIT office)
ryanlee@w3.org    http://www.w3.org/People/ryanlee/