Re: Alternatives to XML for RDF?

From: Garret Wilson <garret@globalmentor.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:24:20 -0700
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
CC: aredridel@nbtsc.org, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:
> [...]

I've even backed away from this in XPackage. I originally forced
XPackage instances to both be RDF compliant and match a supplied XML
Schema, simply because some implementors didn't want to be required to
implement a fully-blown RDF processor. I've come to realize that
requiring XML Schema compliance unnecessarily restricts the things one
can do with XPackage.

XPackage now provides an optional XML Schema so that one can *produce* a
compliant XPackage instance without knowing RDF, but still requires a
fully compliant RDF processor to *consume* an XPackage instance. XML
Schema doesn't allow one to validate the complex logical relationships
allowed by RDF.

Garret