RE: parsers that don't need rdf:RDF?

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:51:50 +0200
To: Bob DuCharme <bobdc@snee.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

> I know that the W3C's "RDF Validation Service" at
> http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/ and the downloadable ARP RDF
> processor underneath it don't require RDF statements to be
> enclosed inside of an rdf:RDF element. Are there any others that
> anyone can suggest?

Something I've not done, which I think would be legal according to the spec
is allow you to switch ARP in at an arbitrary point in your XML doc ...

  <!-- this is RDF content because I just know -->

  <!-- end RDF content -->

I think an RDF implementation that worked with a SAX parser or a DOM and
allowed the user to choose which bit of the doc was RDF would be compliant;
but no-ones asked me for that.