RDF and XML Schema types

From: m batsis <mbatsis@netsmart.gr>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:54:53 +0300
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi folks,

While building a 'simpleType' ontology for HumanMarkup (the base for a
tobe measurment toolkit), I encountered a possible conflict between the
RDF Schema and XML Schema class/type hierarchies.

I have been importing all subTypes of
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes#anySimpleType as subclasses
of rdfs:Literal. My problem lies on the anyURI simple type, as it is
derived by restricting xs:anySimpleType, but should be under
rdfs:Resource per the RDF viewpoint.

So I'm looking for suggestions on how this should be handled. You can
find the post and the attached .rdf at [1]. Please direct additional
comments on this document at humanmarkup-comments [2].

[1]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/humanmarkup-comment/200209/msg00073.html

[2] humanmarkup-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Thanks,