Re: rdfs:Property rdfs:range questions

From: m batsis <mbatsis@netsmart.gr>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:42:39 +0300
To: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>, jeen.broekstra@aidministrator.nl, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi John, Jeen,

Thanks for your replies.

Ok from what I understand of the spec [1], the default value is rdfs:Class.

Your explanation and pointers made this clear; there is no point in two
dissjoint ranges. Actually it was rather silly from my part because my
two ranges are not dissjoint after all; I was trying to create a
measurment toolkit, where objects could be either a resource or a
literal; at first i used multiple (two) ranges, rdfs:Resource and
rdfs:Literal.

But I can just use rdfs:Class (which is the superclass of rdfs:Literal)
and get over with it :-)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_range

Thanks again,

Manos