Re: A Rough Guide to Notation3

At 05:07 AM 8/22/02 +0100, Sean B. Palmer wrote:

>http://infomesh.net/2002/notation3/
>- A Rough Guide to Notation3, 2002-08-22

An interesting addition to the lore ;-)

I was intrigued by your description of ':-', because I came up with a very
different pattern which (as far as I can tell) is consistent with what cwm
does:

I use this:
[[
irep:GenReport a rep:Report ; :-
   ( [ rep:cmd rep:if ; rep:defined "htmlname" ; rep:do irep:HTMLReport ] ) .
]]

To create a list whose first element is the node labelled irep:GenReport in
this example.  I can't tell if this is consistent with the description you
give, or if I've stumbled across an inconsistency in the way ':-' is
treated.  I did conduct a number of tests with cwm, which seems to do the
same thing with this case.

It seems my parser doesn't like Dan's examples, either, like the one
below.  Ho hum.
[[
:W3C :homepage [ :- <http://www.w3.org/>; :title "Homepage of the W3C" ] .
]]