Re: DC/RDF and DC/XML (was RE: The Tragedy of RSS)

From: <MDaconta@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:25:49 EDT
To: jon@spin.ie, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
In a message dated 10/4/2002 5:59:04 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
jon@spin.ie writes:
> Out of interest what do people think of the fact that the same namespace
> names are used in both RDF and non-RDF based DC?

I believe the namespaces MUST be the same.  My understanding is
that a namespace denotes the context of the name.  Thus, since the
DC defines a single set of definitions for the names -- there should be
a single namespace.  This guarantees that no matter where you find
dc:creator -- you know what it means.

 - Mike
Michael C. Daconta
Director, Web & Technology Services