RE: RDF vocabulary definitions

From: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:47:51 +0100
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

  I am being totally honest with you.  I don't understand & anything I don't
understand drives me crazy!

  I think I can say without fear of contradiction that you're not alone in
your craziness ;-)

  My day job used to involve object-oriented programming, and quite a bit of
relational DB work. I knew little or nothing of formal logic (despite having
studied it for a spell!). I was frustrated and confused because I couldn't
see RDF's model in terms of what I was familiar with.  So I started reading
up on logic, and before long I was more confused than ever. Then some kindly
soul pointed me in the direction of description logics [1] (Murray just
reminded me), and through reading around that some of the tricky pieces
started falling into place. I wouldn't for a moment say I have a thorough
understanding, but at least I've got enough to be able to do some practical
work. And like a wise man once said, "Mama Weer All Crazee Now"...

  Cheers,
  Danny.

  [1] http://dl.kr.org/