Re: subclasses (RDF vocabulary definitions)

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:48:45 +0000
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, "David Menendez" <zednenem@psualum.com>

Richard,

I'm finding this conversation rather frustrating.  You have claimed there
are logical flaws in RDF(S).  I'm trying to understand what you mean when
you said:

[[<<this is true, but RDF Schema should use proper subsets instead of subsets.
Using subsets logically permits such absurdities as: the set of all men is
identical to the set of all animals.>>]]

Please explain the logical flaw.  You have explained some notation so
far.  Fine.  Now for the flaw?

Brian