RE: RDF vocabulary definitions

From: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:35:57 +0100
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Re: RDF vocabulary definitions
  I have been frustrated in my attempts to pin down the meaning of "Class".
There are so many documents that I have trouble finding one which addresses
my concerns, and almost as much trouble re-finding it later.

  The first documents that I found when I joined RDF-interest stated
(paraphrasing), "Class is concept".  Another document that I found within
the last hour stated (paraphrasing) "Class is the set of types", as you
indicated based on your examination of RDF-MT.

  I just happened to notice a section that I think is relevant to your
pinning-down of "Class", in the mt doc, right under 1. Interpretations,
where it discusses how the term in the RDF model relates to other
interpretations :

  http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#sinterp