  From: Danny Ayers
  To: Richard H. McCullough ; www-rdf-interest@w3.org
  Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 1:35 PM
  Subject: RE: RDF vocabulary definitions

    I have been frustrated in my attempts to pin down the meaning of "Class".  There are so many documents that I have trouble finding one which addresses my concerns, and almost as much trouble re-finding it later.

    The first documents that I found when I joined RDF-interest stated (paraphrasing), "Class is concept".  Another document that I found within the last hour stated (paraphrasing) "Class is the set of types", as you indicated based on your examination of RDF-MT.

    I just happened to notice a section that I think is relevant to your pinning-down of "Class", in the mt doc, right under 1. Interpretations, where it discusses how the term in the RDF model relates to other interpretations :

    http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#sinterp