RE: [xml-dev] RDF : Headless Triples syntax

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:05:14 +0100
To: "Danny Ayers" <danny666@virgilio.it>, "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Jon Hanna" <jon@spin.ie>, "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

> for including the (lengthy!) typing info, and for not including the
> vocabulary namespaces in the docs declaration and using constructions like
> xlink:arcrole=dc:creator.

We considered using XML entities in the example which would shorten it a lot
e.g.

xlink:arcrole="&dc;creator"

However,
1) we would have had to explain XML entities which was not in the scope of
our paper
2) within XHTML, XML entities both work and don't work ...

Look at:

http://sealpc09.cnuce.cnr.it/jeremy/tmp/test.html

and at:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fsealpc09.cnuce.cnr.it%2Fjerem
y%2Ftmp%2Ftest.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline

(i.e. in the html validator)

Unless your browser is better than mine, it failed to display a conformant
XHTML document.

Jeremy