Python access to Jena ModelRDB

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 21:16:50 +0100
To: RDF interest group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
I've got a Python-to-Jena working now, including accessing a Jena RDB-based
model store, with source code available linked from
http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/Intro.html.  It's based on
Jython-21.  There's a readme in the Zip file
(http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/N3ModelJena.zip).

It's still pretty rough, and I've a few issues to sort out, but I think the
basic idea is well demonstrated.  The test harness initializes a database,
puts some statements into it, does some tests.  Then the database is closed
and a new access object is created and the access tests are re-run using
data stored in the database.  I've done my testing using a Win2K client
system against MySQL running on Linux.

A side effect of this is that most of the required facilities are in place
to read from Notation 3 into a Jena database.  I haven't actually written
the code to do that, but it should be a half hour job, using (say)
N3SyntaxCheck.py as a starting point.

I'm not sure how I want to take this forward right now, so I'll probably
switch to other aspects of my planned developments, which I'm sure will
help me to better understand what I really want to do with this
stuff.  Roughly, I want to use Java/Jena to create a persistent RDF model
store and perform some core processing, and then use Python to experiment
with applications based around this core.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>