RE: Anonymous predicate

From: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:55:14 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
As just another kind of anonymous resource this makes sense, but I'm
wondering just how useful this might be. Ok, it can be reasoned with by
treating it as a resource, (e.g. 'does this property have a label?') but
beyond that I can't see much benefit. I may be entirely wrong, but I can't
offhand think of what one might do with the information. e.g. I have a cat
with [something] Garfagnana. Knowing the label seems a bit of a red
herring - are two properties with the same label the same property? - not
necessarily. (also - is there anything to stop a resource having more than
one label?  I guess not, can't remember offhand, it would make a lot of
difference).

This idea does open up an interesting area though - what about anonymous
statements & reification?

---

Danny Ayers
<stuff> http://www.isacat.net </stuff>