name that URI was: Re: RDFCore WG: Datatyping documents

From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:46:28 -0500
To: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, "RDF Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Cc: "RDF Comments" <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>

Patrick Sticker wrote:

..

> However, one final comment, I think that it is possible to work
> with XML Schema datatype URIs with the present RDF/XML serialization
> without recourse to qnames. We do, however, tend to use qnames
> in examples for discussion as a convenience, but could also use
> only URIs.

perhaps an example makes my point: let's start with the following XML Schema
which has the
baseURI=http://example.com/XSD.xsd

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
                xsd:targetNamespace=http://example.org/foo-schema-ns
                xmlns:ns=http://example.org/foo-schema-ns

    <xsd:complexType name="bongo" id="foo">
    </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:schema>

now the question:
what is the URI of the complex type identified by the QName "ns:bongo" ?

Hint: according to http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema it is NOT

http://example.org/foo-schema-nsbongo

> The only question remaining, then, is what are the official URIs
> for pre-defined XML Schema simple datatypes?

see http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema

Jonathan