Re: RDFCore WG: Datatyping documents

From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:10:23 -0500
To: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "RDF Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Cc: "RDF Comments" <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>
Patrick Stickler wrote:

> If we only used complete URIs and not qnames to refer to XML Schema
> datatypes, would that work for you?
>
> That would be doable, I think. Not always convenient, but doable.

Certainly, the URIs are defined by XML Schema and so I would not have any
sort of objection to that. Use of QNames would also be fine just as long
that the QName is also defined as in XML Schema. The problem is then that
you have to map the QName to URI as XML Schema does, which RDF does not do.

Jonathan