Re: aboutEachPrefix? was Re: Namespaces wihtout "#" Was: Few CWM Bugs

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 07:45:16PM -0500, Jonathan Borden wrote:
> Err, that would be part of the "dereferencing" process and obviously is
> allowed under Tim's axiom.

I don't think a Web server can be said to dereference URIs that it
serves.

> The problem is that I have also read and listened to the arguments
> _for_ keeping URIs opaque, and so unless the axioms governing or
> describing the intended behavior of the "RDF system" are written
> down and taken as a whole, I have a great deal of trouble
> understanding the greater implications for the system.

  http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Axioms.html

lists 'axioms' regarding the Web in general, not the Semantic Web.
Note the caveat in the Status:

  Words such as "axiom" and "theorem" are used with gay abandon and
  the reverse of rigour here..

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/