RE: what RDF is not (was ...)

Thanks Bill ... I think! I didn't realise that there were larger and smaller
infinities!

But if there is a natural number:

	.6775746636352

I still don't understand why we can't we have a URI:

	http://www.schema.org/datatypes/natural#.6775746636352

In other words, for every natural number there is a URI.

Whether that URI 'pre-exists' is another matter, but I wasn't commenting on
whether there would be a database that contains every URI, one for each
natural number, since obviously that would be impossible. I more had in mind
something like the much discussed rdf:aboutEachPrefix attribute, where you
might say that any object identified with the prefix:

	http://www.schema.org/datatypes/double#

was a floating point number (for example). Then you wouldn't need to define
every single float, you would just create URIs for the numbers that you were
dealing with at any one time.

(I don't want to mix up two debates here. I wasn't actually commenting on
data typing in my initial posting, I was merely asking why Peter was saying
that there were a finite number of URIs. I think we may have been talking at
cross purposes. I am saying that whilst there are of course a finite number
of URIs at any one time, there are an infinite number of _possible_ URIs.
The problem is not in finding enough, but in coming up with a convenient way
of creating them as and when they are needed.)

Mark