Re: Issue/bug tracking terms in RDFS?

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:57:34 +0000
To: "Danny Ayers" <danny666@virgilio.it>
Cc: "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

At 10:06 PM 12/18/02 +0100, Danny Ayers wrote:

>Has anyone put together a schema covering bugtracking terms?

Er, I haven't done it particularly for public consumption, but I've been
using an
ad-hoc vocabulary for document issue recording for my RDFcore work.

Sample files are at:
   http://www.ninebynine.org/wip/DocIssues/RDFConceptIssues.n3
   http://www.ninebynine.org/wip/DocIssues/RDFConceptIssues-group-lcc.n3

(The latter is smaller)

I also have some software that generates HTML from these files; see:
   http://www.ninebynine.org/wip/DocIssues/RDFConceptIssues.html
   http://www.ninebynine.org/wip/DocIssues/RDFConceptIssues-group-lcc.html
for sample output.  The software is in:
   http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/N3ReportGenerator.zip
   (see file N3GenDocIssues.py)
which is an application of my generic RDF/N3-driven report generator
software, described at:
   http://www.ninebynine.org/RDFNotes/RDFForLittleLanguages.htm

#g
--

At 10:06 PM 12/18/02 +0100, Danny Ayers wrote:

>Has anyone put together a schema covering bugtracking terms?
>
>The obvious model would be Bugzilla, but a search has proved fruitless. It
>also came as surprise (once it had occurred to me) that RDF Issue Tracking
>doesn't appear to use RDF...
>
>There is the DB schema available for Bugzilla (in the download? the site
>link [1] 404s at the moment), which I imagine would be relatively
>straightforward (though time consuming!) to map across.
>
>I think this stuff should yield pretty nicely to RDF modelling, and this
>might even make for friendlier interfaces than Bugzilla's formicating thing.
>
>Cheers,
>Danny.
>
>[1] http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/html/dbschema.html

>Danny Ayers
>
>Semantic Web Log :
>http://www.citnames.com/blog
>
>"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne." - Chaucer

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>