RE: Issue/bug tracking terms in RDFS?

Thanks Graham, it's looking good.

I'm approaching this pretty much ad hoc too - I've got a big pile of bug
reports/issues and an RDF tool (Ideagraph) that should be able to manage
them, so I'm trying to join some dots.

I've not had chance to play with Mozilla/XUL/Bugzilla yet (I'm on Win2k, not
a good environment for Bugzilla!), so I don't know where that'll take me.

At the moment I'm not sure whether to aim towards using two or three
vocabularies : people (FOAF); projects (tasks); issues (issues/bugs). Before
the bug stuff came up I'd been bouncing RDFS ideas around for a generic
project schema with Cokorda Raka Angga Jananuraga. Bugs & issues are really
subclasses of generic tasks, but I'm not sure whether it would be better to
integrate them or keep them separate.

Anyhow, some early thoughts on specifics:

Issue being a high-level 'item' kind of class, with Bug and
EnhancementRequest (EnhReq?) being subclasses

Bugzilla's userid should be covered by using FOAF, as you have with
raisedBy, though internally I wonder if there's a good way of assigning URIs
to users for this. For me this might look something like:
http://ideagraph.net/xmlns/users/#nick

btw, Bugzilla also has (effectively) ownedBy.

The DB schema for Bugzilla is pretty broad, but I reckon perhaps only a
handful of the fields/terms would be needed for a useable RDF schema. The
relevant links on the Bugzilla site were giving me 404s, so for ref I've
copied their schema diagram online at [1], also the relevant bit of their
'make table' script [2] (from checksetup.pl).

btw, earlier on I was contemplating using Bugzilla for the back end and
communicating with it using Ideagraph, which would need some RDB/RDF
mapping. After looking over the schema  a bit I now reckon it would be
easier, (and potentially a lot more useful) to stick to RDF at the backend
(Jena ModelDB?, perhaps using the NetAPI) with the possibility of using
Ideagraph at the front and/or a HTML form (from hell) like Bugzilla's.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.ideagraph.net/pedigree/2002-12/bugzilla/dbschema.jpg
[2] http://www.ideagraph.net/pedigree/2002-12/bugzilla/tables.txt

Danny Ayers

Semantic Web Log :
http://www.citnames.com/blog

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne." - Chaucer