Re: Issue/bug tracking terms in RDFS?

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Danny Ayers wrote:

> Has anyone put together a schema covering bugtracking terms?
>
> The obvious model would be Bugzilla, but a search has proved fruitless. It
> also came as surprise (once it had occurred to me) that RDF Issue Tracking
> doesn't appear to use RDF...

Couple of brief points

you might want to take a look at the RDF/XUL view of Bugzilla itself.
I don't know the best citation for this, but
http://www.mozillazine.org/articles/article2663.html has some pointers, as
does http://www.mozilla.org/rdf/doc/faq.html ie:

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/duplicates.rdf
and http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/duplicates.xul

This takes an RDF representation of the buglist and projects it into the
GUI table (assuming you have your permissions set right in mozilla, via
some prefs.js tweaks). They use XUL templates, which as I mentioned before
are really just a form of RDF query. See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2002Nov/0012.html
for some experiments I did on an aeroplane with XUL/Squish conversions.

The other thing to mention was that the original version of the RDF Issue
Tracking doc (http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/) _was_ in RDF, but
I HTMLized it for the sake of focussing on the problem at hand...

I'd love to see a schema for this worked out, esp one that models some of
the social process surrounding issue tracking and resolution. In fact
I'm sure there's a bunch more work out there that I've seen but don't
remember details of (DanC? Sandro? Brian?)...

Dan