Re: Event Logs: Busy Sponge

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 04:40:26 +0100
To: reagle@w3.org
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

There's a commercial application called MindManager that seems to address
some of the user interface requirements for grabbing ideas.  I often use it
for capturing ideas in meetings,  organizing information and/or activities.

It has an HTML export capability, but I've long felt that an RDF export
would be really cool, especially if coupled with some wiki(-like)
conventions for the textual annotations.  The application has built-in
scripting capability (based on MS visual basic), so I think that exporting
some basic RDF would not be too difficult.  Unfortunately, that's way down
my priority list of things to do.

#g
--

At 04:46 PM 8/21/02 -0400, Joseph Reagle wrote:

>Ideas are welcome!
>
>http://www.w3.org/2002/08/busy-spunge.html
>Introduction
>
>I spend a lot of my time typing things into various interfaces: such as a
>log of important/useful things I've done during the day, an outline of
>things I need to do, a list of interesting links and my thoughts on them,
>web site passwords, proto-ideas and scribbles, annotations/comments on
>things I've read, and travel information. Some of these things are stored
>in (different) html pages and some in (different) flat text files, and I
>use different editors/browsers for these files! I'd like to have a single
>easy to use interface for entering all these things. This will require a
>data store/model, an interface, and perhaps some syntactical conventions
>for easy freeform entry..
>
>I'm not keen to have to design or build anything, if someone can make a
>recommendation to an application that does the job, all the better!

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>