Re: Using XMLSchema-instance attributes in RDF/XML Syntax

From: Janne Saarela <janne.saarela@profium.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:36:28 +0300
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
CC: dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk, thabing@uiuc.edu, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

> Well, I think that it would be extraordinarily useful to be able to say in
> an RDF/XML document that a particular RDF literal had a particular XML
> Schema datatype.  This has nothing to do with making XML Schema work, but
> has to do instead with providing typing for RDF/XML literals.

I agree. When developing our RDF based software we had to
support typing. The way we do it now is by referring to
XML Schema basic data types with URIs as rdfs:range values.

Of course, basic data types are easy but applying facets
makes life trickier. Perhaps simpleTypes and complexTypes
could also be URI addressed within an XML schema file?

Hoping to see some standardised solution come out in the
next release of RDF schemas.

Regards,
Janne
--
Janne Saarela <janne.saarela@profium.com>
Profium, Lars Sonckin kaari 12, 02600 Espoo, Finland