Re: CWM Question

From: "Paul Prescod" <paul@prescod.net>

> Seth Russell wrote:
> >
> > From: "Paul Prescod" <paul@prescod.net>
> >
> > > Should there at least be a simple syntax for me to "turn on" the
> > > definition for these pre-defined things instead of duplicating
> > > definitions all over the place? Some kind of include? Or maybe a
> > > --think-really-hard?
> >
> > Could you give us some examples of the "pre-defined things" that you are
> > talking about?
>
> I guess:
>
> rdf:*
> rdfs:*
> daml:*
> log:*

Hmmm ... If I understand what you mean .. that's what I though you meant.
Thing is that every term in those (schema?) are automatically connected to
whatever document you are reading or writing.  That is, I believe, defined
in the specifications of how the semantic web uses URI for properties.   In
other words you would not need to "turn on" these definitions, they are
already there by definition.   You can see this really easily if you
download and install a sailor agent.  First click the LoadDirectory button
at the top of the screen, then read in any RDF document you see in the
directory by clicking on the red ~read~> buttons,  then go back and read in
one the schema documents you mention above; for example
<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema>;   You will see that the definitions
are atomatically collolated with your document ... they are, in your terms,
already "turned on".

But I'm still not sure that we are talking about the same thing.   Are we?

Seth Russell
http://robustai.net/sailor/