RE: Personal URI?

From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:09:49 -0700
To: "Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net>, "Peter Bruhn Andersen" <bruhn.andersen@get2net.dk>, "RDF-interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

But of course a unique URI is the most authoritative daml:UnambiguousProperty...

Although, I am curious about why the aversion to e-mail.  If the person has no e-mail, and wants to get a URI, the easiest way to get a URI seems to just get an e-mail address.  Beyond that, I would use a one-way hash "fingerprint" that was based on some privileged (to the person) information, but which did not reveal that information.  For example, a person's PGP fingerprint would work, or any other 128-bit string based on a public/private key pair registered with an authority like Verisign who can vouch for identity.