RE: Disambiguation; keeping the "U" in "URI"

From: Miles Sabin <msabin@interx.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:06:28 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Danny Ayers wrote,
> if I state that
>
> http://www.markbaker.ca/index.html dc:Creator
> http://www.markbaker.ca/index.html
>
> then it can inferred that one of these is a person or organisation
> and the other something with intellectual content. No conflict.

Joshua Allen wrote,
> I like this solution.

Now I'm completely confused, because Danny's solution only makes
sense,

* If URIs can be ambiguous (ie. we have two occurrences of the same
  URI in his example, each with a different referent).

* If the use context of a URI can resolve ambiguity in its referent
  (ie. in the subject role of dc:Creator, ambiguity is resolved in
  favour of the person, in the object role, in favour of the
  document).

But these are precisely the contentions I've been making throughout
these threads, and which you appeared to be objecting to so
vehemently.

Has peace broken out? Or were/are we talking at cross purposes?

Cheers,

Miles