Re: RDF ontology for describing reusable software components

From: David Saff <saff@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 11:50:05 -0500
To: Andrei Lopatenko <alopatenko@cs.man.ac.uk>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Andrei,

Thank you for the pointer.  Very interesting indeed.  I'm a bit confused
as to the thrust of the Ubot project, and was hoping you could help me
out.  It would appear that the main goal is "to build a tool-set that
supports: creation, extension and consistency checking of DAML
ontologies [and] DAML annotation of information resources for agents".
It seems that they are using UML as a tool to create DAML, to complement
its use as a tool for describing software.  The diagram you pointed to
is intriguing (showing a UML (meta-?)model for software components), but
I wasn't able to see how it fit in with the rest of the project's
goals.  Any thoughts?  Thank you,

   David Saff