Re: RDF ontology for describing reusable software components

> From: Andrei Lopatenko
>
> > See please ontology developed in UBOT project of
> > LockheedMartin UML representation here
> > http://ubot.lockheedmartin.com/ubot/lessons/images/sw_artifact.gif
> >They have tools for UML to DAML conversion Think it maybe
> > high relevant for you  because it allows to describe
> > relations between software components to reason
> > if you need to install something what you need to install before, etc
>
> This is great!  Where can we find a rdf schema for UML?

Good heavens!

Talk about Pandora fiddling with the lock of her box.

I am actually giving a talk about where UML/MDA meets XML meets RDF at XML
Europe, and I've put a great deal of thought into this.

What is really needed is an RDFS for MOF, not UML.  Then, through the UML
meta-model to MOF mapping, we could support UML as well.  This is the approach
in XML, and, in fact, XMI is the most likely starting point if we want to
formalize such a thing.

The problem is that XMI, MOF and the UML meta-model are complex beyond your
most perverse imaginings.  This would be a truly titanic project.

However, it is important enough that I hope the OMG and W3C are interested in
sponsoring/conducting such work.

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com               +1 720 320 2046
4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management
Track chair, XML/Web Services One (San Jose, Boston):
http://www.xmlconference.com/