Re: Fuzzy clustering for semantic web

[freed from spam filter -rrs]

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 02:56:03 -0500 (EST)
From: "AS Poeran" <poeran@fel.tno.nl>
To: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, apoeran@hotmail.com

Hi again,

I have found an article which is called Fuzzy clustering of semantic
spaces. It is written by José Francisco Martinez-Trinidad, José
Ruiz-Shulcloper. It can be found in Pattern Recognition 34 (2001) pages
783-793. However the examples and one algorithm in that paper are wrong.
I have contacted the writers and they send me the right results with the
right example data.
The idea behind this algorithm in short is:
1) fuzzy values between all the concepts are being calculated also a
thresshold is being determined
2) fuzzy concepts are being searched in concordance with the selected
clustering criterion
3) a matrix is calculated of semantic association between fuzzy concepts
4) if all the values are less then the thresshold END otherwise
5) search for fuzzy concepts in concordance with the selected clustering
criteria
6) mix the concepts and go to step 3
I have not yet tried this out myself. but as soon as I have done this I
will keep you informed.

Amar Poeran