openwine.org offers data dump of wine info in daml+oil

[freed from spam filter, after discussion with IG chair -rrs]

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 01:58:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: Chris Opler <chrisopler@free.fr>
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Greetings to all,

Please forgive the intrusion -- I am writing because the site I've
created is meant to be a repository of data that would be part of the
"semantic web"...

I'm writing to you as a creator of a new wine site that I believe will
be of interest: http://www.openwine.org.  The mission of the OpenWine
project is to build database of wine information, edited by volunteer
editors, and freely available (both for browsing and data dump download)

to anyone for any purpose.  This is a non-profit site (although we will
seek advertising to help defray costs and to reward sites sharing data
with us) modelled after http://www.dmoz.org and http://www.chefmoz.org.
I've had the site up for a couple of weeks beta testing and am now
starting to build out the content.

The data dump is available in daml+oil.  (I've done the best I could as
someone new to RDF).

The site it self is built on Apache Tomcat and written using a java
application framework I've been using for several years.  I'm not using
an rdf-specific store, but have a relatively abstract data model on top
of an RDBMS.

I would welcome any feedback or suggestions (especially with the
daml+oil).

Kind regards,

Chris Opler

--