Re: N3 contexts vs RDF reification

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 13:13:28 +0100
To: "Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net>
Cc: "RDF-IG" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
At 07:28 AM 4/26/01 -0700, Seth Russell wrote:
>But to be honest I think your technique has more aesthetic appeal ... it
>feels cleaner .. I like to think of context as a container ..... so now I am
>wavering.   I had originally planned to do it your way, then somebody
>convinced me that drawing the arcs in the opposite direction would be more
>flexible.

The arrow on an arc doesn't indicate direction of traversal.  It's just a
convention for distinguishing first- and second-place arguments of a binary
relation.  It doesn't really matter which way it goes... except that
literals are not allowed to appear at the blunt end (a restriction that I
tend to regard as rather arbitrary).

#g

Graham Klyne
GK@NineByNine.org