Re: relational mapping?

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 09:35:00 -0700
To: "Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: "Danny Ayers" <danny@panlanka.net>, "Www-Rdf-Logic" <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>, "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
From: "Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>

> > No doubt you are aware of the list of these recorded at [1], to which
list I
> > have added the structure diagrammed at [2].
> >
> > [1] http://www-db.stanford.edu/~melnik/rdf/db.html
> > [2] http://robustai.net/mentography/SemStructure.gif
>
> Neat; but these seem to be "storing RDF in RDBMS" as opposed to
> "producing RDF from a (legacy?) RDBMS"

Ok sorry, I see now you want to go the other direction.  I saw somewhere
(forget where) the idea that you could do it this way:

A RDF Class represents a Relational Table.
A RDF instance node represents a Relational Record.
The columns in the Relational table are the property arcs on the instance
nodes.

Hope that helps.
Seth