Question: Can a RDF Class and a RDF Property have the same name?

From: <puninj@cs.rpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:09:14 -0500 (EST)
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Cc: rss-dev@egroups.com

Hi

I was reading about RSS 1.0 and I tried to updated the RSS-1.0-RDF-Schema.
I found that "image" is a RDF property of "channel" RDF Class and also a RDF Class.

Can a RDF class have the same name (URI) of a RDF Property?.  I'm sure that
this issue has been discussed before but I didn't find anything in this e-mail
list.

If the answer of this question is yes. That means that I can write the RSS
Schema as:

<rdfs:Class rdf:about="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/image"
   rdfs:label="Image"
   rdfs:comment="An RSS image.">
   <rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/"/>
 </rdfs:Class>

<rdfs:Property rdf:about="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/image"
   rdfs:label="image"
   rdfs:comment="Points to an image that is a member of the subject channel.">
   <rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/"/>
   <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/channel"/>
   <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Resource">
 </rdfs:Property>